Saturday, October 31, 2009

Presidential Election

Posted by Sharilynn "Sherri" McIntosh

Well, history has truly been made in the United States of America. I was 18 months old when Dr. Martin Luther King made his "I Have A Dream" speech, and died tragically. I never thought in my lifetime, much less my children's and grandchild's lifetime that we would ever elect a Black president. This shows that we as a people can finally say that we belong to this country, and that the "American Dream" really does exist. After hearing President-Elect Obama's speech, I feel that with the help of God, he will bring unity to our country that has been divided for too long. We finally can get more than our "40 acres and a mule" that our forefathers were given, and we can tell our children that even they can become president.

Click here to continue

0 comments:

Post a Comment