Saturday, October 24, 2009

Life

Posted by Nick K

I met a man that received his education though the “school of life”, and often wondered what that exactly meant. Was it the hard knocks, that fell upon his feet? Was it the drug addiction that took hold of his life? Was it the death of his wife? Was it not having the opportunity to have God’s precious gift of children in his life? Was it the fact that he didn’t have a strong self sense of worth? What exactly led this man to believe his education came about though the school of life?

Looking back upon my own life, I can honestly say that I have attended that school. However, I didn’t have the same classes. I didn’t battle with a drug addiction, death of a spouse, lacking opportunity of children in my life. I think to some degree, that it had to do with the lost feeling of self worth. I had a strong family foundation, with parents that built their teachings with us kids on the foundation of love. A strong, stern, yet humble father, that taught me what he believed was the classes of life. He taught me that there will be no greater battle, than the battle within me. That if I allow myself to be sucked into life’s turmoil, it will begin to eat away at my feeling of self worth.

Click here to continue

0 comments:

Post a Comment