Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Story

Posted by Bob Bushman


I am almost 49 years old and for the first 15 years of my life I live in a very tough situation that included poverty, physical, emotional, social, and sexual abuse. I had a father who was an alcoholic,
he was illiterate because he never was sent to school but was put to work in the logging camp where his family lived. He met my mother who was dating his brother and she ended up marrying him. My mom came from a good family and it was hard for them to see her with this man and his family who were all drunks and lived in tar paper shacks. My mom had 5 children in less than 5 years, the last 3 of us were 11 months apart. My earliest memories are of living in a one room tar paper shack, My father would take off and leave us with nothing, my grandmother (mothers side) did all she could do to make sure we were OK. My mom would leave my father and move us all to my grandmothers house , then after a few months bring us back to my father.

Click here to continue

0 comments:

Post a Comment