Monday, November 23, 2009

Meekness is SO underated

Posted by Tamara Canup Graves

My husband and I could not be more opposite when it comes to our spiritual gifts and the way we respond to other Christians. My spiritual gifts are as follows: Faith, Discernment, Wisdom and Prophecy. My husbands are: Teaching, Service/Helps, Knowledge. Together, we should make up a dynamic duo. But often we find ourselves at such opposite ends of the spectrum it's unreal. We disagree/argue about things we really shouldn't argue about but we are both so passionate about our own ideals that sometimes it's hard not to be overtaken by the desire to "correct" one another.

An example of this is as follows:

I was watching a sermon here online about the molecule Laminin (or however it's spelled) and thought it was incredible and so beautiful that I immediately called my husband at work to tell him about it. I told him about how the preacher had explained what Laminin was and how awesome it was and how it had been used as an illustration about how Christ is what binds our very beings together. This kind of thing excites me. However, my husband tends to not be taken by simple illustrations as this one. He prefers a deeper look into certain subjects. I try to understand his pursuit for a deeper meaning in things as part of his gifts; that of knowledge and the thirst for it, but I often fail.

Click to continue

0 comments:

Post a Comment