Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fully God Within

Posted by Bishop Susan Storm Smith

I greet you today in the precious name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Christ meaning the anointed one of Israel. Isn't it wonderful to know that we are grafted into his marvelous branch!John 15 has always held a special place in my heart and spirit. He lets us know right up front that He is the True Vine. He is the truth, the life, and the way into eternal life, to be with him forever when we accept him at Lord and Savior. I'm so glad that you became part of the family. That you have a hunger and thirst to know more about Him and want to study the Bible so that you can know for yourself that special relationship with the lover of your soul.To know that no matter what any of us has done, no matter where we go, He is always right there with us. I find it of great comfort in my midnight hours, to know that He is totally within me. When we accept Jesus, who was fully God and fully man on the earth and that he is totally within us when we receive him. That makes me want to know more about his fullness within me.When we make the confession of our sin and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, we are then given the gift of salvation, but we are also gifted with the gift of the Holy Spirit, the God of all creation within us. Isn't that marvelous! Just think you cannot separate any part of God or he is no longer whole. So we have all of God.Ephesians 4:6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.John 14:11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.John 14:20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.John 15:26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:When we realize that God is wholly and totally within us, nothing missing and nothing lacking it starts to change how we think about ourselves. I found that doubt started to leave, and questions began to arise in my mind.One of the first things that happens when we get this awesome revelation is that we have all of God, and yet we have been asking for a piece of this and a piece of that to receive from him. Why? Because our flesh has not been totally crucified yet. We cannot comprehend that all of God is with and in us through the precious Holy Spirit. God is not separated. God the Father sent His son, Jesus, who then sent the Comforter, or Holy Spirit so that God would always remain with man and help us through the valleys and mountains of life.If you're going through something today and don't know how to get to level land; you feel like you're in a rut … know that the Lord is with you. Knock, ask and receive by faith.

http://www.livinginblackandwhite.com/profiles/blogs/2133465:BlogPost:5350

0 comments:

Post a Comment