Thursday, June 11, 2009

Will The Real Christ Please Stand Up!

Posted by Blake Higginbotham
Part One - 2 Peter 2:1-3 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying Yahshua who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.Let me preface what I am going to write by saying that I have always been a lover of the truth, and therefore in many things have been willing to explore truth previously unknown, and receive what was being revealed to me at the time. Revelatory knowledge and truth have become a life pursuit for me, and I have learned to make the turn in my heart and shift in order to go in whatever direction that it took me at the time.However, in recent years, I have seen a dangerous trend, as it pertains to the teachings that are coming out of some of the things that we have been seeing and hearing. As with most revelatory knowledge and truth we are moving from one place and level of understanding to another, and most of the time it is without regard for how the message will be perceived at the time, or what effect it will have in the people who hear it. I, for one, am deeply concerned about some of the things that I am now hearing, that in my estimation are corrupting and contaminating the true message of the gospel of the Kingdom. Over the last few years, I have become acutely aware of the mingled seed and mixture that has been carefully sown and strategically woven into the truth, and I fear that unless it is rooted up now, it will become a clinging vine growing up into the branches of the Tree Of Life, and spreading in the night at a rate that we will not be able to control it.As I have journeyed and made the transition from a religious mindset to a relational heart and understanding, much of what I held to as true in the past, has been changed or altered in some way. Just to mention a few without going into detail about all of these teachings. I do not embrace the pre-tribulation rapture theory the way that it has been taught for reasons that are clearly evident to any real Kingdom person.However, I do believe that we need to get caught up into Him, and be so thoroughly changed in the moment that many will not be able to recognize us the next time that they encounter us.In short, I am no longer looking to go up, up and away anywhere, I am not concerned about dying and going to Heaven. I am looking to be changed in the moment and caught up into Him and become a part of the New Jerusalem that is coming down.I am not interested in all of the different theories; but I am now embracing something that is working positive change in me, and it is having a powerful effect on the people who are receiving it. I am not interested in preaching or representing anything that does not have the power to change the heart and life of the person hearing it, or that does not have the power to change the world in which we live.I was talking with the Father just yesterday and I told Him, that by His help and grace, I would never preach another powerless message as long as I live. Needless to say, He was happy to hear it, and it made me feel better to make that declaration. Now, we will begin to weed out some of the weak, lame, powerless theories and philosophies that we have adopted through men’s writings (books) and or teachings that we have heard. In short, if it does not work, stop preaching it. If it does not serve a practical application now, stop embracing it so tightly that you whole message revolves around it. Brethren, I entreat you to hear my heart and consider what I am saying. Give us all a break.Also, before you preach or teach anything as absolute truth, consider what you are saying and how it is going to affect the people that are forced to listen to you. Look beyond the immediate listener to ten years down the road, when we will really see the results of your teaching. And let me say that you should always put a disclaimer on anything that is still in development, or has not been tried in the fire. For example, this is what I believe to be true, and it is based on what I am hearing and seeing right now. However, I reserve the right to change my mind should He clarify or correct any part of it. With that disclaimer alone it will give us all an opportunity to make adjustments around it in the future.One of the dangerous trends that I hear and see taking place in the Third Day, Open Heaven and Kingdom movement today is, there is a spirit of Anti-Messiah and Lawlessness that is beginning to corrupt the truth of the gospel of the Kingdom that will have devastating effects in the next few years if it is not challenged right now. Now, do not hang up on me! Listen to me for a minute, and you will hear what is troubling and concerning me about some of the mingled seed and mixture that has creped into the Ekklesia and the true Kingdom message. One of the teachings is a refried concoction of the Ultimate Reconciliation Doctrine that has taken on a new form and name being taught and embraced by many in the hour as the Doctrine of Inclusion.Let me emphatically say that there is no Biblical foundation for this doctrine as it is being portrayed, and it is a hybrid teaching that will prove to corrupt the Ekklesia and destroy a great number of people unless it is challenged and eradicated in its present form. It is not a revelation of the Spirit that will produce life, responsibility, accountability or change. It is a doctrine that embraces the lie that all men, past, present and future are and will be saved because of the finished work of Yahshua the Messiah on the impaling post.And in some of the extreme renditions of this doctrine, they believe that the devil himself will walk hand and hand with Yahshua back into the heart and arms of the Father. Many of the people who embrace this false doctrine do not believe in Hell, Retribution, The Devil, or that we are in a war that is still being waged over the souls and lives of men and women. And now, many of the people who embrace this doctrine in some form or fashion, have also embraced a gay friendly philosophy that allows homosexual men and women to become members of their church ministry, and even be ordained as elders and recognized as leaders.Now, I am not saying, that everybody I have met who believes in reconciliation, or the ministry of reconciliation embraces all of these extreme and erroneous views; but I do not remember walking away from a conversation with them that did not leave me concerned. I challenge you to read the bible for yourself. Study to show yourself approved unto Yahweh, a workman that need not be ashamed, rightly divided (handling) the work of truth. Do not let false prophets and teachers indoctrinate you with another gospel that will ultimately destroy all hope that we have of seeing the Kingdom established.And I caution you, do not lump everybody into the same mixing bowl of contaminating leaven just because of some similar terminology is being used. Ask questions and do not be afraid to pursue and embrace truth as it comes to you.If you have been exposed to this doctrine, I ask you to extrapolate truth out of it by sifting it through the Word and the Spirit of Yahweh, before you step out on it as a foundational teaching. It is not something that will produce life in the soulish and carnal believer. It is a dangerous and deleterious doctrine that will corrupt the body of Messiah and will ultimately destroy the Ekklesia in our lifetime. It is a doctrine that sounds logical and even good in part; but it does not challenge the people who receive it to change, improve or do anything different than they are doing. It caters to the hidden sins of the heart, unresolved mental and emotional conflicts, and causes people to accept in themselves things that must be changed about their self image in Him. Will The Real Christ Please Stand Up?2 Peter 2:17-19 These false teachers are dried-up springs. They are a mist blown around by a storm. Gloomy darkness has been kept for them. 18They arrogantly use nonsense to seduce people by appealing to their sexual desires, especially to sexual freedom. They seduce people who have just escaped from those who live in error. 19They promise these people freedom, but they themselves are slaves to corruption. A person is a slave to whatever he gives in to. (God’s Word)1 John 4:4-6 My dear children, you come from Yahweh and belong to Yahweh. You have already won a big victory over those false teachers, for the Spirit in you is far stronger than anything in the world. 5These people belong to the Christ-denying world. They talk the world’s language and the world eats it up. 6But we come from Yahweh and belong to Yahweh. Anyone who knows Yahweh understands us and listens. The person who has nothing to do with Yahweh will, of course, not listen to us. This is another test for telling the Spirit of Truth from the spirit of deception. (The Message Bible)Jude 3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. 4For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our Yahweh into lewdness and deny the only Sovereign Elohim and our Sovereign Yahshua The Messiah. (NKJV)
http://www.livinginblackandwhite.com/profiles/blogs/2133465:BlogPost:6033

0 comments:

Post a Comment